Are Online Surveys a Scam? After months of studying online survey sites, I discovered a disturbing pattern.
Surveys are a horrible way to make money online. If you want to make money online, learn the right way to do it, spend some time researching the web for real and authentic ways to earn additional income.
I’m a member of an online community that teaches people how to make money online, the right way.
There are several types of online surveys. Personally, none of them is worth my time and effort. Let’s discuss them in more details.
- The first type is the “so-called” legitimate research company that genuinely seeks marketing information.
- The second type of online survey sites is a marketing company that uses surveys to trick you into buying products and services. The so-called legitimate research survey sites usually do not pay cash. Instead, they have a point system and give “points” for each survey completed.
Once you have accumulated the minimum points, you may be able to use these points to purchase something from the site’s catalog, get a gift card or enter sweepstakes.
With the marketing company pretending to be a survey site, you won’t make anything at all. In fact, you will probably lose money.
Here are a few ways you can get scammed:
- The email address thief: You join a survey website and sign-up with your email address. Then you never hear from them again. That’s because all they wanted was your email address, which they sell to marketing companies.
- The Qualifying Survey Scam: Before you can take a survey, you must fill out a questionnaire to determine if you qualify for that survey. After you fill out the questionnaire, you discover you do not qualify for the survey and so do not earn any points. Now they have your information for free, and you got nothing. It’s an unpleasant feeling I know.
The survey company got the information they wanted without paying for it.
- The Trial Offer Scam: A marketing company pretending to be a “survey company” presents a survey for you to complete. After you complete the survey, you are directed to participate in a free trial and promised you will earn some cash if you do.
For the sake of this example, let’s say you are promised $10 for participating in the free trial. You sign up for the free trial which requires that you give them your credit card information. Because you don’t want your credit card to be charged, you try to cancel the free trial before your card is billed.
But find you can’t cancel in time because the survey company prevents you from canceling and your card is billed. Or, you do cancel in time but are not paid the $10 because the fine print says you will only be paid if the trial offer results in a purchase. Great deal, don’t you think? (For them yes).
If your trial offer converts to a sale, the survey/marketing company makes a commission. If they pay you the promised $10, it is a small percentage of the commission they made off of you. In other words, you spent a $100 and they gave you back $10.
- The Fake Points Scam: You joined a survey site, completed a survey and were awarded 20,000 points immediately. You are eligible to redeem these points for products in the company catalog. Looking through the company’s online catalog, you find a digital camera for 18,000 points, plus $4 plus $99 for shipping.
You call the number to redeem your points and get the camera and give them your credit card info to cover the $4 and the $99 shipping charge. A week later, the camera arrives, and all is well.
Then, a month later, the credit card bill comes in the mail, and there is a $98 charge from this company on it. Somewhere in your blind excitement about getting the camera, you unknowingly agreed to join a buyer’s club for $98 a month for two years! BAAM!So, in my opinion, the short answer to this post’s question is:
Surveys are a horrible way to make money.
If you want to make money online, learn to do it right. Thousands of people earn money online every day and the formula for making money online the right way is simple. All it takes is a website and the ability to attract visitors to that website. Once you know how to do this, you can make as much money as you want.
If you want to learn more about how to do all of the above, I have the perfect solution for you. A community that will help you learn all the basics and show you the best way to begin since day one. The name is Wealthy Affiliate, and it’s where a lot of successful businesses were born.
It’s a free opportunity to test the waters and an excellent way to see what the affiliate marketing looks like.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need anything, or simply comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
To your success